Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh the things we can do with our yard tools!! I LOVE IT

So this was very exciting for me.. a friend of mine asked me to do something, anything with a rake that she had from her mom.. I guess the look on my face pretty much said.."okay...and that is?".. well much to my amazement when she brought it to me, I was pleasantly surprised that this old rusty rake was actually very vintage and perfectly aged. Keep in mind, it was only the "rake" part, not the long pole/handle.. but she wanted it possibly painted and antique white and wasn't sure what else it needed.. well, I really liked the before look of it but for using it as a decor piece, it definitely needed a face lift.. so with just some antique white paint and sanding, it was a very very simple fix and turned out great! she loved it.. this would have been perfect to use with some chalk paint as well (love that stuff!).. so see what we can do with even yard tools!!

No comments:

Post a Comment